Friday, August 24, 2012

Cosmopolitan

 

     If you are a fan of Sex and the city you maybe tried Carrie's most favorite cocktail - Cosmopolitan. Well, I'm one of these girls who fell in love with Cosmopolitan. What about you, what is your most favourite cocktail? 

    I love cocktails during summer. And when I haven't got time to go out, I make cocktails on my own. I'd like to share with you my Cosmopolitan recipe. 

    But first of all, where does Cosmopolitan come from?

    The drink was created by different bartenders since 1970's . It is generally recognized that John Caine brought the drink to San Francisco around 1987 from Ohio.The same year in Manhattan, the internationally recognized version of the cocktail was created by Toby Cecchini. In the 90's it was popularized by the mentioned Sex and the City.




First of all, you need these ingredients : Cointreau (5cl), Vodka (6cl), Cranberry juice(8cl) and limes (2cl). I prefer sweeter Cosmopolitan, that's why I put in more Cranberry juice. 


If you have a shaker, put all the ingredients together and voila you have a perfect cocktail for tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment